Friday, September 25, 2009

Blog revamp :)

So ... while reading some other blogs I've decided I really want to do more with mine ... One of my plans is to include other shops from etsy along the side columns to feature people on a weekly basis ... I figure as more people follow my blog, I can then help fellow etsians with promoting their shops too :) So, in order to even think of doing that my blog needed a little makeover .. I found this awesome tutorial on how to change the 2 column minimalista templete to a 3 column one ...

3 column blog - you can click that link and see all what I'm talking about

Also ... I do think the 3 columns help even out all the goodies along the sides, without having to scroll down forever ... I like things staring back at me, If I can't find something on a website within 15 seconds (if that) I get bored and move to something else ... and I know I'm not the only one like that :)

So as for now I have the 3 columns, a new "message of the day" section, a new graphic on the right - that image is of a bracelet I made (of course) :) and wear all the time, as a sample item to things in my etsy shop ... I get inspired all the time, do you?

I still have the poll going, I think those are great, what an awesome way to find out what your readers are into :) ... I'm also considering compiling a little survey too, probably by the end of the month for holiday shopping ideas, and maybe I'll use that as a catalyst for my next blog giveaway :)

Ohh, yeah :) my next blog giveaway - Woohoo, Posting that Sunday!!

... This time it will be slightly different, I'd like people to now go into my etsy shop and comment here on my blog on their favorite piece ... so as a blog follower, (thanks again for following me) start thinking about that now :), winners will still be chosen at random, I count the comments and then ask my husband a number between what and what - and viola - we will have a winner :) . I'm really excited, I'll be introducing something completely new for Creative Fly Designz, and I hope you all enjoy it too!

As always thanks for reading! till next time :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I'm trying it out now and will let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, did it! That didn't hurt at all. Had to continue on with the directions to adjust the margins. It was too squished if I didn't. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i need to figure out the margins too ... i didnt read on .. i guess I need to :) - your blog looks great!

    ReplyDelete