Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friends of the NRA Dinner

Last night was the Fort Myers Friends of the NRA dinner my husband and I, (and the rest of my family) attended, and it was a blast as usual!!! It was in a new location this year, Harborside Convention Center in downtown Fort Myers, and wow was the space needed! I was quite impressed with how the number of guests grew to over 350 people!!! Last year was about 150 ... What a great turnout! You are probably reading and wondering why I'm even mentioning this ... well last night I had a piece of photographic art on canvas in the silent auction for all to see, along with some mini-photo cards. It was very exciting to see my work out in that kind of setting. It was great to see a piece of my art and creativity have an opportunity to go into someone else's home for them to enjoy. I'm now on a search for other auctions and events where I can donate my pieces, to get my name out there locally and show my work.
Next year I will certainly enter another piece for the silent auction, and next year I also plan to submit a few framed pieces into the bucket auctions and if I can get the right image, a larger one for the live auction.(We've already been brainstorming ideas :)

For more information on the Friends of NRA, go here: http://www.friendsofnra.org/default.aspx

Here is the image that was printed on canvas in 3 vertical pieces:
Post a comment below if you see something that reminds you of "Love" in this image. The image you may see was NOT a photo manipulation, it was a happy accident a few photos in of shooting from this perspective :)

Click on any image in the gallery below to see all of my creative pieces for sale:

No comments:

Post a Comment